Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you using to plink at?

Go down 
+6
john2
yana
oaksy
walrus
GerryB
chief wiggum
10 posters
AuthorMessage
chief wiggum
Admin
Admin
chief wiggum

What are you using to plink at? Empty
PostSubject: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:41 pm

Ive just started collecting bottle tops, i know its sad but they make a decent target for plinking at, they can be nailed to tree's or fences and are easy to carry in your pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://www/youtube.com/customtuned
GerryB
GerryB

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 am

I have bought a few of the SMK range of knock down / reset targets.

I got them from a chap called Welsh Willy , an RFD in Wales, strangely enough.

He trades as Woodfield Gun products, and every now & then has a special on things like this.

Easy , & no hassle to set up & collect afterwards.
Back to top Go down
chief wiggum
Admin
Admin
chief wiggum

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:39 am

Nice. I've been looking at getting one or two targets.. The rat/crow ones look good from JSR and are a good price.

Back to top Go down
http://www/youtube.com/customtuned
GerryB
GerryB

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:44 pm

I think I bought mine for £13 each .

Woodfield GrP , I know he sells on ebay . Welsh Willy is his name on the UK Chinese.
Back to top Go down
walrus

walrus

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:20 am

I use home made spoon spinners,you need a fairly stout stainless spoon though or they just get wrecked quickly.Buy them from the charity shops and mount them on some threaded rod and ues pvc tube to seperate them either a wooden or old angle iron frame does the trick.
Then there is the reactive tube target Shocked made from square section tube with a hole drilled through it near the bottom and sticks of chalk dropped in from the top.A hit is signalled by a large puff of dust,this is a skill target as the hole can only be 12mm at most because of the size of the tube needed to keep the chalk standing upright.
Empty 12gram CO2 capsules make good spinners too,slightly flattened and drilled through near the top.
https://2img.net/h/i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/walrus_01/Picture079.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/walrus_01/Picture076.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org
oaksy

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:02 pm

walrus wrote:
I use home made spoon spinners,you need a fairly stout stainless spoon though or they just get wrecked quickly.Buy them from the charity shops and mount them on some threaded rod and ues pvc tube to seperate them either a wooden or old angle iron frame does the trick.
Then there is the reactive tube target Shocked made from square section tube with a hole drilled through it near the bottom and sticks of chalk dropped in from the top.A hit is signalled by a large puff of dust,this is a skill target as the hole can only be 12mm at most because of the size of the tube needed to keep the chalk standing upright.
Empty 12gram CO2 capsules make good spinners too,slightly flattened and drilled through near the top.
https://2img.net/h/i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/walrus_01/Picture079.jpg
https://2img.net/h/i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss33/walrus_01/Picture076.jpg

I have made a bell target using a remote control door bell in a wooden box ,a steel plate about 1/4 inch thick with a hole drilled centre just a couple of mm bigger than the .22 pellet also a plate just a couple of mm bigger than .177 a steel pendelum the other side of the hole, You have to get it dead centre to set it of and then its one of ten tunes the box being timber is OK its only a problem if you are not a good shot then bits fly off.So far this is the first box in 12 months
Back to top Go down
yana

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:06 am

Bottle tops are nice, as are:
- swinging EMPTY co2 12gr bulbs
- little claytargets (also shoot at the left-over parts!)
- those pasta food pipes (environmental friendly!) otherwise, those plastic pipes
- small spinners
- empty cans
- hanging macaroni's pasta thingies
With a cheapo magnetic strip, you can attach, and shoot off, every steel thingie thingie you like

Back to top Go down
john2

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:57 am

Sugar cubes.

If left behind they just melt away in the weather. no mess
Back to top Go down
yana

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:17 am

I have a bell target as well! Sugar cubes are a great tip! Or mints..
Back to top Go down
webley sniper

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:21 pm

you can also use paintballs, they just wash away when it rains, and look great when you hit them
Back to top Go down
chris l

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 3:45 am

Extra strong mints....

Love the way they disappear with a good shot. Very satisfying...
Back to top Go down
TORNADOS7

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Acorns, Oak apples, Pine cones, Dandy lions, Daisy's, Pebbles, spoon spinners basically whatever appears in my scope as long as it's ligit !
Back to top Go down
kev02

kev02

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:43 am

Hi I use paper targets and also a couple of spinners. But mostly its paper punching with my vintage pistols.

kj68 lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you using to plink at?   What are you using to plink at? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you using to plink at?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Range-
Jump to: