Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Webley thread sizes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamish

Hamish

Webley thread sizes Empty
PostSubject: Webley thread sizes   Webley thread sizes I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:25 am

Has anyone had the time or ambition to catalog the thread sizes on older Webley airguns?

I'm away from my "shop" (you can read that as "the kitchen table") right now but recall needing a grip screw for my Webley Junior a while back.

Armed with a little Unimat lathe and a good assortment of taps and dies, I discovered that said screw was a "BA" thread.

BA taps and dies are like hens teeth on this side of the pond but essential for anyone messing with older British stuff (my other interests include British crystal sets). At great expense, I finally located a set and am now happy making my own screws.

I'm in need of a couple screws for a Senior air pistol and will probably spend a few extra minutes checking thread sizes so I don't have the problem of long wait time, with the possibility of getting the wrong one too!

Keep 'em shooting!

Cheers! Hamish.
Back to top Go down

Webley thread sizes
Page 1 of 1