Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
7echo

7echo

MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP Empty
PostSubject: MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP   MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Can anyone provide any insight to removing/replacing the breech seal? The pistol leaks air bad around the breech, the leather seal seems pretty poor. I have just received a new rubber one in the post from Chambers. Any suggestions on how toe get the old one out? Just start pulling with needle nose pliers? Don't want to ruin anything. Thanks...
Back to top Go down
ashf9999

PostSubject: Re: MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP   MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:57 am

Hi. I see this is an older post, so apologies if you've sorted it already. Catching up with a few things on this forum.
Yes, remove the old one with pliers or a sharpened nail to pierce the leather and flip it out. The polymer seals will fit just as well, but you may need to sand down the back evenly, as sometimes they can be a little on the thick side.
If ever you get a leather/brass seal again, don't attempt to fit it without the correct tool (available from the likes of John Knibbs), nor before soaking it in something like Neatsfoot oil or Abbey SM50 for a few hours.
Back to top Go down
7echo

7echo

PostSubject: Re: MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP   MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Thanks for the info, I've been hesitant to start ripping into the seal until I read your post. Seal is now installed and I'm shooting the gun for the first time since I got it. You are right about needing to sand down the polymer seal, as it was too thick. Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated!!!!
Back to top Go down
GerryB
GerryB

PostSubject: Re: MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP   MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:47 am

I think the replacement seals are a "universal" fit.

All the seals I have fitted for folk have needed "adjustment" to fit .
Back to top Go down
7echo

7echo

PostSubject: Re: MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP   MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:04 pm

GerryB wrote:
I think the replacement seals are a "universal" fit.

All the seals I have fitted for folk have needed "adjustment" to fit .

Yes, I agree. Thanks for your help!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP   MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MK I pistol breech seal replacement...HELP
Page 1 of 1