Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tempest rear sight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
john2

Tempest rear sight  Empty
PostSubject: Tempest rear sight    Tempest rear sight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 am

Tempest rear sight:

Is there any way to fit a rear sight that has half the slot width has anybody tried this ??.
I'm sure this would improve accuracy.

cheers

john
Back to top Go down
ashf9999

PostSubject: Re: Tempest rear sight    Tempest rear sight  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:49 am

Not aware of anything commercially available. You could try 'sighting' the pistol with bits of card with a notch cut in (ie not firing the thing, but just getting a feel for how the sight picture would look). Then once you've settled on a slot width you're best happy with (it also depends on how long your arms are), get hold of some scrap steel plate an make yourself a replacement blade. Not sure it would help accuracy as such, but if you feel more comfortable then that may help your groupings I suppose.
Back to top Go down
GerryB
GerryB

PostSubject: Re: Tempest rear sight    Tempest rear sight  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:27 am

Strange request , As I get older , I find that due to failing eyesight , I need wider slots at the rear ...

Best advice I can give is that you try to cut a very good copy out of an old coke can , paint it matt black & fit it onto the original sight ( double plate, the screw should not need to be replaces, as these cans are microscopically thin these days.

If it works, then leave it , if not , you have not bodged or otherwise damaged the rifle .

When we shot Military Bisley many years ago , with open military peep sights , we used to dab a blotch of nail varnish into the hole. This would stick around the edges, making the peep hole minutely smaller, a liberal coating of sight black afterwards , & your sight picture was improved , without illegal work to the sights.

The rules said you could paint them if you wished ..... Well we painted them , then blacked it ....
Back to top Go down
john2

PostSubject: Re: Tempest rear sight    Tempest rear sight  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:59 am

I find this slot sight to wide I will give your advice a go .

downing some of the black stuff after shooting today ideal can and colour.

cheers

john
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tempest rear sight    Tempest rear sight  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tempest rear sight
Page 1 of 1