Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

webley Senior won't cock.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pavarotti

webley Senior won't cock. Empty
PostSubject: webley Senior won't cock.   webley Senior won't cock. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 11:17 am

Hi

Need a bit of help. Have been trying to get a friend's Senior back on the road. Pulled it apart and all ok. Replaced a rusty split pin with the proper pivot pin. Oiled cleaned and reassembled but the thing still doesn't cock.

The trigger, sear and the piston ring that engages the sear all look sharp and far from badly worn . Looking carefully I noted that when cocked the ring on the piston that engages the sear is about 1mm or less short. If the piston could be pulled that 1mm further forward the sear would probably engage.

I think the linkage may be worn but they look ok also.

I'd appreciate some help or advice

Thanks Pavarotti

P.S I will try to get some close up shot if someone can suggest what i should take a shot of.
Back to top Go down
fredocrete

PostSubject: Re: webley Senior won't cock.   webley Senior won't cock. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:09 am

Hi
Not sure if this is of any help, not handled a webley pistol for years and am new to this site so just treat this as something to check. Is the mainspring the correct one, if not it might be going solid before the piston is in the fully cocked position. you could check this by removing the spring and cocking the gun without it in place. I hope this is of some use but if not relevant please ignore. This site doesn't seem to throw up many replies to this kind of query. You could do as I have and ask on the BSA site, I have had great help on info for my Webley from there.
Martin
Back to top Go down
yana

PostSubject: Re: webley Senior won't cock.   webley Senior won't cock. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:16 am

I replaced the spring on my tempest. After assembly, it wouldnt stay cocked either. I adjusted the trigger-problem solved.(and I hadnt touched the trigger before!)
Back to top Go down
GerryB
GerryB

PostSubject: Re: webley Senior won't cock.   webley Senior won't cock. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 8:30 am

I have repaired several of these for a friend .

It sounds very much like the spring has become coil bound , too long a spring .

That is normally the problem , as even worn links still allow enough leverage to draw the piston all the way back .

Good luck .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: webley Senior won't cock.   webley Senior won't cock. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

webley Senior won't cock.
Page 1 of 1