Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Webley Eclipse how to strip down?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ianhw77k

Ianhw77k

Webley Eclipse how to strip down? Empty
PostSubject: Webley Eclipse how to strip down?   Webley Eclipse how to strip down? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:42 pm

My recent acquisition, the lovely Webley Eclipse is running a little under powered, the best I can get is 10.5ftlbs with Superdomes.
I've stripped a fair few guns before but looking at the diagram on Chamber's website, this one looks like it could be tricky. Does anyone have any pointers before I take the plunge?
As far as I know there are no guides online, but I could be wrong.

Any help much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
webley sniper

PostSubject: Re: Webley Eclipse how to strip down?   Webley Eclipse how to strip down? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:35 pm

jump in there mate ha ha, i've stripped and re-built a few air-rifles aswell and i always find the best way to learn a rifle is to just get in it and IF you have a problem go from there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ianhw77k

Ianhw77k

PostSubject: Re: Webley Eclipse how to strip down?   Webley Eclipse how to strip down? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:37 am

That's usually my way as well. I've spoken to a gunsmith that's done one before so I've got a couple of pointers.
When I do get around to doing it I'll do a proper thread with pictures so there will finally be a guide on the internet.
Back to top Go down
webley sniper

PostSubject: Re: Webley Eclipse how to strip down?   Webley Eclipse how to strip down? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:57 pm

thats not a bad idea ian, i'm suprised a few more people havnt done the same
Back to top Go down
norris2012

PostSubject: Re: Webley Eclipse how to strip down?   Webley Eclipse how to strip down? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Try and can hold of an original owners manual as it has a step by step factory guide.I could copy mine and email it to you but would take a while to do.

It does mention tying the saftey catch as there is a small ball bearing that will fall out.
A long time has passed since I open an Eclispe but what I remember it is quite simple and easy to work one.
Back to top Go down
Ianhw77k

Ianhw77k

PostSubject: Re: Webley Eclipse how to strip down?   Webley Eclipse how to strip down? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks for that, I have heard about the safety catch but one other thing that bothers me is apparently you need to take the trigger apart and it is difficult to get back together. I've done a couple of different triggers before and had trouble with both (got there in the end though Laughing ).
A copy of the manual would be useful, I'll keep a look out but if you do get the time my email is ian@activeshooter.co.uk .
Many thanks for the replies. I'll keep you up to date when I finally get round to doing it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webley Eclipse how to strip down?   Webley Eclipse how to strip down? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webley Eclipse how to strip down?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Webley Workshop-
Jump to: