Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Webley Stingray Stripdown Guide?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ianhw77k

Ianhw77k

Webley Stingray Stripdown Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Webley Stingray Stripdown Guide?   Webley Stingray Stripdown Guide? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:33 am

My mate has a Webley Stingray, a Turkish built one and he always complains how noisy and rough it is. I've offered to have a look at it for him, give it a bit of a tune and hopefully make it a better gun.
From what I've heard all the internals are there but they are not as well finished as the old British ones used to be. I have even been told they have the power lock spring (same as a Venom spring I think?).

Does anyone have any tips on the strip down and rebuild? Anything to look out for etc etc.
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Ian
Back to top Go down
bigdan

PostSubject: Re: Webley Stingray Stripdown Guide?   Webley Stingray Stripdown Guide? I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:27 am

Alrite mate
i have the same rifle they are easy to strip down they are the same as the hatsan 60 but with the better spring ive had 2 of these turkish ones now and both were well under powered putting out around 9.7 fpe so intsted of sending bk the second one i just striped and tuned it and added a small pre load to the spring the only thing i would watch out for is the safty catch i just taped mine up before removeing it and there is no pre load on the spring soi wouldent worry to much about a compressor i hope that has helped a little bit
dan
Back to top Go down
Ianhw77k

Ianhw77k

PostSubject: Re: Webley Stingray Stripdown Guide?   Webley Stingray Stripdown Guide? I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Cheers Dan, I'll be having a go soon I reckon Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webley Stingray Stripdown Guide?   Webley Stingray Stripdown Guide? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webley Stingray Stripdown Guide?
Page 1 of 1