Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Webley Alecto Not Holding Air

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Simply Simon

Webley Alecto Not Holding Air  Empty
PostSubject: Webley Alecto Not Holding Air    Webley Alecto Not Holding Air  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Each time I pump my Webley Alecto air escapes from the top hole on the piston. Any ideas why and how to fix?
Back to top Go down
7echo

7echo

PostSubject: Re: Webley Alecto Not Holding Air    Webley Alecto Not Holding Air  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Does it fire and you just hear it, or is it not expelling a pellet. I have two, and they both wheeze a bit during pumping, that's normal. If it doesn't shoot, send it back for warranty repair.
Back to top Go down
Simply Simon

PostSubject: Re: Webley Alecto Not Holding Air    Webley Alecto Not Holding Air  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:02 am

Air is expelled from the piston on compressing. No air is then retained.
Back to top Go down
7echo

7echo

PostSubject: Re: Webley Alecto Not Holding Air    Webley Alecto Not Holding Air  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Well that's not good! Sounds like a seal is gone. I am no repair wizard, and have not worked on my Alectos (Alecti?) other than to take the grips off, sounds like a job for an air gunsmith. How did this happen, did it just quit working, more than 3 pumps? I thought these were pretty bullet proof guns by the looks of them, now I'm worried. Have you tried oiling the piston through the hole like the manual says? Maybe the seals are just dry and the oil will plump them up and fix he leak. That works with Crosman pistols, I've done it many times with great success. Good luck in getting your pistol up and running soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webley Alecto Not Holding Air    Webley Alecto Not Holding Air  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Webley Alecto Not Holding Air
Page 1 of 1