Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eclipse strip down

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bigstancwsw

Eclipse strip down Empty
PostSubject: Eclipse strip down   Eclipse strip down I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi guys, Air Gunner has a strip down guide in the August edition.
Back to top Go down
bigstancwsw

Eclipse strip down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse strip down   Eclipse strip down I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:20 am

Following the above strip down guide i have taken the Eclipse apart and got the bits from Knibbs. The spring they supply is a Titan XS round section which is a close match for the origanal spring and is supposed to be coated with a slipy substance which reduces the need for lots of grease. We will see. I will put a shim piston liner to take up the slack inside the piston and reduce spring noise. Before the strip down i chronoed the rifle and it was putting out 9.83 ft.lbs with JSB 15.9 Exacts (they are a loose fit in the breach but do seem to be accurate in this rifle). I will re assemble today and let you know the results. Cheers. Stan.

Last edited by bigstancwsw on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigstancwsw

Eclipse strip down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse strip down   Eclipse strip down I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Update, put it all back together and put it over the chrono. Dissapointing result. Still putting out 9 ft.lbs, but boy is it smooth and quiet. There was very little preload on the new spring so maybe i need to shim one end. The same recoil as my HW 97K which was tuned by Dave Hall of Bonnie and Clyde. If i remember correctly the 22 Eclipse used to have a piston wieght in it, my one has no spacers either end. I still have some piston weights from years ago i may put one in to see if there is a difference. One of the stock screws broke so i need to replace that as well. Oh well back to the drawing board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eclipse strip down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eclipse strip down   Eclipse strip down I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eclipse strip down
Page 1 of 1